Why in news?
Recently, the National Council for Education Research and Training (NCERT) has notified India’s 1st national assessment regulator, PARAKH (Performance Assessment, Review, and Analysis of Knowledge for Holistic Development), which aims to set up assessment guidelines for all boards.
- Performance Assessment, Review, and Analysis of Knowledge for Holistic Development. It was earlier launched under the New Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
- The main objective of this initiative is to create a new and interesting ecosystem in India regarding education.
- As per the expectations of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), this initiative will end all the worst educational practices. Such as rote learning, fear of maths etc.
- PARAKH will monitor, learn and assess all recognised school boards in India.
- It facilitates best practises in educational institutions and guarantees the consistency of academic expectations.
The main objective of Performance Assessment, Review, and Analysis of Knowledge (PARAKH) is
- To promote creative learning instead of mugging up
- Seeking industry-oriented knowledge for a better future
- To maintain a lower burden on students.